Monday, December 6, 2010

Not Xmas songs

The following songs have nothing to do with any kind of holiday season. Anyone caught playing one of them in an attempt to establish the "spirit of Xmas" will have their DJ card revoked.

1. We Are The World

Understandable. You got this song mixed up with "Do They Know It's Christmas Time". It happens.

2. My Favorite Things

There is no excuse for this one. Not only does it have jack-all to do with Xmas, it totally misses the point of it -- assuming that material things are what makes life better.

3. Baby, It's Cold Outside

Oh sure, it mentions cold weather. That's pretty tenuous grounds for re-appropriating it for the holiday season though, isn't it? Why not include every song that mentions ice or snow? I'd sure like to sing "Immigrant Song" next time we go caroling.

Besides, has anyone ever read the lyrics? It's a date rape song. I wouldn't let my kids listen to it is all I'm saying.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I approve this post.

And as an aside, lol.

Austin said...

I agree with Baby it's cold outside. Total Date Rape set to music, and nowhere near as catchy as the song "Date Rape" by Sublime.

Another song that should be a WINTER song and not Christmas? Let it Snow! x3.